||POLYETHYLENE CONTAINER SPECIFICATIONS
- Container shell shall be rotationally molded of virgin polyethylene meeting the requirements of Federal Specification L-P-390 Type 1,Class M or H, Grade 2.
- Container corners and edges shall be a minimum of 10% thicker than flat walls and surfaces.
- Container shall be rectangular in design with rounded corners and edges.
- Lids and body shall have no structural seams or joints to fatigue or leak.
- Integral case structure shall have dynamic impact strength in an operational range of -20 to +140 degrees F.
- Vertical recesses shall be molded-in to provide protected areas for attachment of all hardware and to provide columnar strength.
- Male stacking ribs shall be molded into the top surface of the container with corresponding female ribs molded into the bottom surface for enhanced stacking and palletization.
- Air-tight container designs shall be accomplished using a tongue-in-groove parting line with a pressure relief valve and a closed loop silicon gasket.
- The parting line shall be formed as part of the container during the molding process.
- Indexing and anti-shear features shall be molded into the parting line at each catch/strike and hinge location.
- Low profile wing-turn cam-action fasteners shall be located on the container body, with corresponding strikes located on the container lids.
- Strikes, catches and hinges shall be attached via stainless steel rivets to metal inserts molded into the container wall.
- Container color shall be pigmented throughout.
- Hardware shall be standard 1010 steel with an electroplated yellow zinc chromate finish in accordance with ASTM B 633, Type II. Lusterless black stainless steel hardware is also available.